Thursday, April 7, 2011

Hungry for Hunger Games




In the book, the Hunger Games are an annual
televised event where the Capitol chooses one boy and one girl from each district to fight to the death.(From Wikipedia)



I just started reading Hunger Games (book 1 to the Trilogy) and I can say, from the first 10 pages of the book, it's really intriguing. No wonder it'll be adapted into a motion picture.


It kinda has the same nature as Battle Royale written by Koushun Takami, so it's a bit dark considering that this book is intended for children. 

At first, I was confused on the time and setting of the story. Maybe I just can't imagine a place where the kids are being pushed to participate with an inhumane game.


I should just stop here now and continue reading. We'll see why this is a bestselling book. 


Full book review soon! ;)




1 comment: