Friday, October 7, 2011

Long Time No Blog!

I've been waiting for myself to get in the mood to write about our SG experience. Well, it's not because there's nothing good to say about the country, it's just that, I don't know where to start giving praises to that lovely place.















When we arrived at our hotel - Strand Hotel (which I have to say is a good place to stay for tourists), it's almost dinner time. Lucky for us, our place is just infront of the  famous Kopitiam foodcourt, where you can choose from a variety of extremely tasty dishes. And this is the fun part... Kopitiam is open 24 hours!!! All I can say is I just can't get enough of those delicious mouth-watering food! Our favorite is the Thai Fried Rice which ordered everyday! haha I also get to try some other dishes!






Okay, enough with the food. I'll be back with that later.



After getting gorged, we just took a walk along Orchard Avenue, took pictures, a little window shopping and then got back to our hotel, if only the malls are still open til midnight, we might've stayed out longer but the shops are already closing at 10pm.



The next day, day 2 to our SG trip is Universal Studios!!! Well, before getting to Sentosa where Universal Studios is located, I had to commend about our transpo service - it's a new Toyota Super Grandia and we have it all by ourselves plus the driver/tourist guide. hihi Very convenient and we feel very special! haha Chos! I can't explain or further talk about what we did inside because it's too much fun! But I can show you pictures!!!





















We were dead tired when we got back in our hotel but we didn't let it stop us from going out again! Time is precious when you're in a vacation tour. We decided to check out Bugis market, which is also near our place, maybe around 3 blocks away. We got there by 9:30pm, I guess. Then we were able to buy some pasalubong for friends and relatives. Bugis market is like a tiangge full of clothes, shoes, bags,and food everywhere! The goods are not
really cheap at all, although you can still find some few items that is worth the money. But like a loser like me, I wasn't able to find anything that'll be worth it for the little amount of money I have. Boo! I only got pasalubong, which is fine with me, at least I have gifts for my friends back home =)



For our third day, it's our half-day tour around the city. We went to the real Merlion, China Town, a chocolate shop and drive thru some other places of the city.


















That same day, after our half-day tour, Kuya Joel arrived our place and taught us how to ride the MRT. Alas! I was able to
use Noel's card for the fare. hihi We rode the MRT going to the cable car. CABLE CAR. This is one of the highlights of our trip.
I thought I wouldn't get scared getting in it but when the cable car started to come out the building, I started to froze and 
braved myself and then after a minute or so, I was finally calm.



The cable car is heading to Sentosa where we're gonna see Underwater World. It looks the same as Ocean Park in Manila with its aquarium tunnel but I guess this Underwater World is much older. We also went to see Dolphin snd Sealion show.
See photos. 





After the show, we went back to the city (also by cable car - imagine that). We met with Hazel and Zoe and ate at Raffles.
The place is more like an outdoor foodcourt. YUM YUM!








After sa sumptuous dinner, we went to Orchard Ave by MRT and just stroll along the street with lots of beautifuls sights and people
to see.





So that's it for my SG experience. I just really have to publish this blog now. This has been a draft since last month. So bear with me if I suddenly ended this one coz I just have to move on now =)


Hope you enjoy!















No comments:

Post a Comment